What do pets can do?
- Contaminate food by droppings.
- Spoil food by eating part of it.
- Carry the diseases.
Main types of pests
- Flying (adult moths, flies and larvae)
- Crawing (beetles, weevils and cockroaches)
- Mice (field and house)
- Rats (roof and noway)
4. Other mammals
Pests controlling methods
First need to determine,
- What mix of pests are present?
- What attracts the pests?
Effective pests control
An effective pests control program includes,
- Exclusion of pests.
- Removing food sources by good practices.
- Controlling pests with appropriate methods.
- Specific procedures and records.
1. Pest exclusion
- Keep doors closed always.
- Doors must be tightly fitted, no gaps, with door sealers and with self closer.
- Keep windows screened or closed.
- Screen the air inlets and exhaust openings.
- Use air curtains and strip curtains.
- Netting and eliminate perches for birds.
- Eliminate crack and holes in walls.
2. Good housekeeping
- Deep cleaning must be done every week and daily cleaning must be done in every night.
- End of every shift needs to clean the floor and all the table tops, as well as during the working time.
3. Pest infestation checks
- Watch for droppings and tracks.
- Watch for product or container damage.
- Note presence of dead pests.
4. Capture or destruction
Traps work by:-
- Attracting the pest.
- Confine the pest (trip mechanisms and sticky pads).
- Kill the pests (baits, mechanical levers and electric current)
- Remove spilled food promptly.
- Store food in tightly sealed containers.
- Pot wash are needs to be clean always.
- Garbage bins always need to be closed.
- Every week need to be done deep cleaning.
- Floor area must be always dry and clean.
- Eliminate roots or nesting sites.
- Minimize food sources outside of building.
- Use netting or screens under eaves or structures open to outside.
- UV light attracts insects.
- UV light killer mount at right height and right location.
- Charged electric grids kills the insects.
- Sticky pads hold the insects after impact.
- Handle pesticides with care.
- Use only approved chemicals.
- Do not contaminate with food.
- Use correct methods to target the pests.
- Store in correct and safe place.
Employees & pests control
- Don’t leave the garbage everywhere, leave it in designated area.
- Replace the traps that are out of places.
- If you don’t have any idea about chemicals, please don’t use it.
- Eat the food in designated areas only.
- Always update information about the traps to all employees.
- Let your supervisor know if you see any evidence of pests.
THANK YOU! FOR REFERRING THIS NOTE, I HOPE THIS WILL BE KNOWLEDGEABLE FOR YOU… COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME! SEE YOU ON NEXT NOTE…..
04/05/2020 foodieson.com by @cheflakey