What is hygiene?
Hygiene is “the science and practice of maintaining good health through cleanliness”.
“Describe a system of sanitary principals to preserve health”.
What is cleaning?
Cleaning is “removal of dust and dirt”.
What is sanitation?
Sanitation is “clean something or a surface and remove germs for a safe level by alcoholic sanitary liquid or gel”.
What is food hygiene?
Food hygiene is “All the practical measures involved in keeping food safe and wholesome through all its stages from production to final sale or consumption”.
What is personal hygiene?
Personal hygiene is “cleanliness of a person’s body and the uniform”.
“Which includes good personal habits and practices related to an individual’s health and well-being of his/her customers”.
All the staff members should appreciate the need for personal hygiene and maintain good health. It should be understood why those, who are employed in the food handling industry should acquire good hygienic habits and develop a responsible attitude to hygienic practices.
All human carry both harmful (pathogenic) and harmless bacteria. Poor standards of personal hygiene encourage the growth of harmful bacteria in an on one self. So self discipline is necessary in every food handler because pride in ones appearance promote a high standards of cleanliness and physical fitness. Persons suffering from ill and those who are not clean about them selves should not handle food.
Good personal habits and cleanliness could be decrease the chances of bacteria growth and contamination.
What are the daily practices or routing practices for good personal hygiene?
- Hair should be properly tucked inside the cap or hat and need to cut the hair short.
- Do not wear any jewelries while working in the kitchen or handling the food.
- Need to wear clean and tidy uniforms.
- Before work and after work definitely need to take shower.
- If their is wounds need to cover with blue color plaster and need to wear gloves.
- Do not put any thing in your outer pockets.
- Do not smoke or chew gums during the working time.
- Wash hand every 20 minutes and after had your personal needs (after smoke, using wash room, etc…)
- Cut nails short and do not apply nail polish.
- Shave daily.
- Cosmetics are not allowed when working in the kitchen.
- Torn cloths should be repaired or replaced.
- Wear clogs or safety shoes when working.
Why personal hygiene is important?
- To kill bad bacteria and germs.
- To avoid bad breath and body odor.
- For a good health and prevent sickness.
- Good personal hygiene is avoid more cases of food poisoning.
- If there is no food poisoning cases, it will be cause for goo reputation leading to more customers and higher profits.
- A good working environment in which it is easier to recruit and keep good staff.
- A happy working relationship with the local environmental health department.
- Good personal hygiene will cause to less food wastage from contaminated food and therefore lower costs.
How to wash your hands properly?
- Wet the hand.
- Use liquid soap.
- Rub your hands for 20 seconds.
- Rinse it with warm water.
- Use paper towel or air dry the hands.
- Turn off the tap with paper towel or your elbow.
Six stages of hand washing technique
- Palm to palm.
- Back of hands.
- Interdigital spaces.
- Thumbs and wrists.
THANK YOU! FOR REFERRING THIS NOTE, I HOPE THIS WILL BE KNOWLEDGEABLE FOR YOU… COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME! SEE YOU ON NEXT NOTE…..
03/05/2020 foodieson.com by @cheflakey